Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Can I speak to a doctor re pet scan report

Customer Question

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
What question do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I send you the report ?
JustAnswer does not allow communication through the expert's personal e-mails.
The quickest way to provide the report would be by attaching an image file using the icon on the tool bar that looks like a paper clip.
I have not yet received a reply with the report attached.

If you are having difficulty, detailed instructions can be found at

ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can I find that !?
Copy the URL (ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert) and paste it into your browser.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't
I'm on iPhone
Another option would be to send the image of the report to a third party file sharing site and let me know the URL.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there not a simple wAy
The easiest is to follow the instructions at the above URL, but your iPhone apparently is not allowing you to do that.

Since you are having difficulty, you can contact customer service at 0808-168-0054 and they can assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
New low attenuation 16 mm exophytic segment 6 liver lesion does not show FDG uptake and has SUV max up to 2.8.
This is compared to the background liver uptake with SUV max of up
To 3.4. There is however a 16 mm focus of intense tracer uptake peripherally in segment 6 with SUV max of 5.2.
A co - registered ct lesion is not seen .
Appearance are suspicious for a peripheral segment 6 liver metastasis. The exophytic seg 6 lesion seen on previous ct is not particularly FDG avid .
However as it's a new finding this should
Be regarded as suspicious for a
Metastasis.
Uptake in the mediastinal /hilar nodes is more indeterminate . This could
Be mets or respesent a sarcoid like reaction
The lesion that is identified on this scan is suspicious for a liver metastasis, but is not definitely a liver metastasis. It is also uncertain whether there is any cancer in the lymph nodes. If there is other evidence for metastasis, then the doctors will usually assume that this is a metastasis. If there is no other evidence for metastasis, so that this is the sole lesion, then they may want to perform a biopsy to determine whether it is a metastasis.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Why is if not def a mestases? i thought if it lights up on the scan it is . How can we know if the lymph

nodes have mets ? Can chemo get rid of the node mets. ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It also says aortacaval node metastasis - 10 mm?

You said that it did not show FDG uptake. The lymph nodes would also need to be biopsied but it is usually easier to biopsy the liver, so if a biopsy is to be done, that is usually what would be biopsied.

Chemotherapy is the usual treatment for metastatic disease, although there is no way to know whether it will be successful until it is tried.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have typed exact what the reprint saud.

what is fdg uptake ?

It is a derivative of glucose that accumulates in tissue that is more active, such as cancer cells.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can it still be a met even if no fdg uptake ?

also what does it mean where they have stated...a co-registered ct lesion is not Seen ?

Yes, but that is why it is only susicious, not definitive.

That means that the lesion was not seen on standard CT scan images.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They not doing a biopsy they talking re surgery now . Does this mean then they r sure ?

No, surgery may be considered to allow for removal of a single metastasis and also allow for assessement of the suspicious lymph nodes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can these be situations where with a met there is no

fdg uptake?

but on the ct scan with contrast the lesion was seen 3 weeks aGo?

Yes, but that is why it is only suspicious, not definitive.

You would need to ask the Radiologist why it was reported that there was no lesion seen on the CT scan. It may be that the lesion on the CT scan was at a different location.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What u think from that report ?

I think that it is suspicious and there needs to be a determination of whether it is cancerous.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm confussed that y this lesion not seen on the ct it says ?

The CT scan is not as sensitive as the PET scan.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If no fdg uptake then does that cast doubt ?

Yes, that is why it is only suspicious.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We saw the onco who said it is a metstases

As I said above, if there is other evidence, then they will assume that this is a metastasis. However, this report does not prove that it is a metastasis.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What other evidence ?

I do not know what other evidence that the Oncologist based the determination on. You would need to ask the Oncologist.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is aritovocal node ,?

It is a specific location of a lymph node near the aorta and vena cava.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where is thAt on body ? If this had cancer in it can anything b done ?