DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have chrones colitis and have been very poorly and active

I have chrones colitis and have been very poorly and active in the time spent on the loo. This has caused bleeding piles and very swollen feet and legs?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What is your question?
Swollen feet and legs should take you right to your doctor.
This can be
bad veins
thyroid disease
liver disease
kidney disease
bad lymph vessels.
You need an ultrasound of the legs to start, as you are more prone to clots, and the ultrasound will show if you have bed veins.
Liver problems can make piles worse.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.