Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

What is a aortocaval node metastasis?

Customer Question

What is a aortocaval node metastasis?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

There are lymph nodes located around the aorta (which is the major artery in the body) and the inferior vena cava (which is the major vein in the body). Both the artery and the vein go together in the abdomen. These lymph nodes can be swollen due to metastasis from cancer and this is called aortocaval nodal metastasis referring to these lymph nodes.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hope you understand.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's says 1 aoretocoval node . Is this serious ?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
One node is not as serious as two or three or multiple, but its still a node that is involved so it cannot be ta***** *****ghtly.
Please rate me for my services before we proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What can be done for it ?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Chemotherapy plus treatment of the one mets that is in the liver either in the form of surgery or some interventional procedure.
Chemotherapy is a must to stop the micrometastasis as well as the one that go beyond micrometastasis like the lymph node mets and the mets in the liver.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We are going to go

for microwave or surgery . They think

he may b fine for surgery as it's on the edge and his general health is ok. What would u recommend out the 2? But the msin is the chemo

for micro mets . What if chemo did not work ?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
We can never say for sure if chemo will work or not.
The hepatic surgeon who will perform surgery or intevention would be the best person to discuss which interventional modality is best for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know if works then kills cells and person is disease free right . What if it don't work , is there anything else ?