Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am going to India on 7th October and have been advised to

Customer Question

I am going to India on 7th October and have been advised to be vaccinated against polio and tetanus. It was also suggested I should have the typhoid vaccine as well. Are these vaccinations really necessary and are there any side effects to them? I am not going to a jungle area or to the coast.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
If you have not had them yes they are necessary
you can get these anywhere in India.
They have the same side effects of any vaccine
local reaction
swelling
allergic reaction
overall very safe though
I noticed that our chat is not complete.
My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dear Dr Phil,
I thought our chat was complete in that you advised I should have the vaccines. Meanwhile I have gone ahead and had all three done and have had a blood test to see if I still have immunity to Hepatitis A as I had that when I was 13 years old. If the results say I am no long immune to it I will also be vaccinated for that.
Thanks for your help.
Robin
you're welcome Robin
would you mind rating positive fore me?