Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I got Supra venticolar Tachycardiaand take Sotalol 40 mg 2

Customer Question

I got Supra venticolar Tachycardiaand take Sotalol 40 mg 2 tablets every night around 10 pm since 8 years,but not always tablets helped -somethimes suddenly my hear bit even 260 per min!
For high blood preasure I take 1 tablet perindropril 8 mg in this same time like Sotalol.
I got diarrhea somethimes even 4 times daily all these years.Maybe it is the reason,that tablets not working perfect.I do not know,if tablets are the reason of diarrhea too!
I m 62 years old. I am not diabetic.Last Week in Surgery Doctor seen plenty blood in my urine-she asked me 5 minuts before to go to the toilet.She sent then urine to Hospital.
Today Doctor said,that result was normal,but aske me again do we-we.
Again was blood.She examinated me ginecolog..and said,that everything is OK.
I had half year ago smearing test,result was normal.
Doctor said today,that will sent urine to Hospital,and maybe I will be checked in 2 Weeks by Doctor Urology.
I do not know,how tablets Peridropril and Sotalol working together,maybe I took them too long.In 8 years I got third Doctor-they proscribed,what I had before.
Sorry for my spelling,I am not English,but live in UK.
Thank you for answer.
Your Sincerely
Wanda
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--the blood in your urine wouldn't have been caused by those medications. The blood in your urine might have indicated a bladder infection but you do need to see the urologist since this may indicate a bladder inflammation that isn't an infection, or bladder polyps or kidney disorders, or it could indicate either bladder or kidney cancer so I would get a ct scan of your abdomen and have you undergo cystoscopy to look at the inside of your bladder. Many times, however, no reason is found for blood in the urine