Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

hi, ok im not sure if im just being silly so dnt want to book

hi, ok im not sure if im just being silly so dnt want to book app with gp and waste his time if i dont need to. ok my left breast has been itchy and a bit like excma for a while now under the breast and towards where center of bra sits. i have stopped wearing underwired bras as i thought it was that. i tend to put calendular cream on. i am overwieght and peri menopause ad on a mix of meds for unrelated issue. i do get hot flushes and sweats and do feel sweaty there too. also i have noticed that i seem to have a swelling between both breasts, but it is not a lump or hard or sore. i am nearly 45. My mother had a breast removed when she was 56/57. am i silly to be starting to worry about this
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
No you are not being silly.
Given the history of breast cancer in your mom, it deserves a clinical evaluation.
Now itchy area can be due to the fungal infection eczema most commonly, however, this can be a manifestation of cancerous lesion in rare occasions ( less than 1%).
So, you should get a mammogram and clinical evaluation for peace of mind.
As I said, 99% chance this is not serious.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/