Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My 19 year old son fell off a tractor yesterday whilst working

My 19 year old son fell off a tractor yesterday whilst working and didn't tell us. He banged his head but thought he was OK. Since then he's developed a stutter which seems to be getting worse.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. I will be glad to assist her.

If someone has had head trauma and is having any neurologic symptom that has persisted until the next day, it would be better to be seen. If he has a history of stuttering that is mostly controlled, but was exacerbated by the fall, that would not be as worrisome. But if this is a new symptom that has arisen after head trauma, it would be better for him to be seen. If he is otherwise doing well, it does not need to be done emergently, but it would be better to be seen.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.