Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I'm on holiday and I have water poop and I be sick sometimes.

Customer Question

I'm on holiday and I have water poop and I be sick sometimes. The pit of my stomach feels tender
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

I am sorry you are having watery diarrhea.

Dr. David :

it sounds like you could have a viral enteritis infection of your bowels or traveler's diarrhea.

Dr. David :

where are you on holiday?

Dr. David :

you might need to pick up some anti-diarrhea medication like Imodium and use that

Dr. David :

and drink plenty of fluids.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I have a different opinion here. First off you shouldn't take anything like Imodium for this since if this is a bacterial enteritis that can actually make things worse. If this hasn't gone on for over five days it could be viral and it will pass and for now you should be on the BRAT diet--bananas, rice, applesauce and toast along with electrolyte rich fluids like juices and GatorAde. But since we can't examine you the best thing to do is have a doctor evaluate this