Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I developed a blood blister on the inside of my cheek about

Customer Question

I developed a blood blister on the inside of my cheek about 3/4" by 1/2" yesterday afternoon. later anotherone developed about the size of a 1p coin. I got an emergency appointment with my G P for 5.00pm who took blood tests and told me to go to the hospital today if I felt unwell.
I don't feel unwell but the blisters have burst and the skin covering the blisers have come away overnight but from the cetre of the larger blister a white growth has developed which looks like a small tube with a root in the cheek
Please advice if it is o. k. to leave it till I see my doctor tommorow
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. These sound like what are called mucoceles which are totally benign and often do burst on their own. This should heal on its own and it's perfectly OK to wait until tomorrow to have your GP take a look--no urgency here