Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Swollen gland, left side, noises in ears & head, pressure in

Customer Question

Swollen gland, left side, noises in ears & head, pressure in ears, dizziness and nausea, muzzy feeling in head. Can you tell me what you think the problem might be please.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--we can continue after this if you'd like, but it sounds as though you have a significant case of sinusitis--sinus infection--that's also affecting your Eustacian tubes and your inner ear. I would get a ct scan of your sinuses and treat you for now with an antibiotic like Septra DS. Your doctor for now is treating this like an allergy problem, but I think it's more than that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer, is there anything I can do torelieve my symptoms whilst waiting for my app.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
You can try some Mucinex and a saline nasal irrigation system Susan but don't take any antihistamines or decongestants since those can actually make things worse