Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am just 70 and in good health. For some weeks now on exertion

Customer Question

I am just 70 and in good health. For some weeks now on exertion I have been getting slight pain in the centre of my chest, a feeling of tightness and soreness in the chest and the feeling that I am not getting enough air when I breathe. Also frequent and unpleasant palpitations. I am taking iron tablets Is it necessary for me to bother my GP with this?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like, but absolutely you need to let your GP know about this just as soon as possible. This sounds very much like a heart problem, possible angina, and you may be on the way to having a heart attack. Anemia might be a possibility here as could gastric acid reflux but I would get an ECG, cardiac enzyme blood work, an echocardiogram and a stress test right away.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just to say thank you very much and I will follow this up.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure but please let me know how it goes