Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have Elbow and wrist pain and this pain goes up under my

Customer Question

I have Elbow and wrist pain and this pain goes up under my arm and sometimes into my left breast. I use a rub of Voltarol which relieves sometimes. what can this be. Would appreciate your help. I read in one of the papers about pain radiating under arm could be breast cancer but I haven't seen a change in my breast.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Most likely this is coming from your neck actually
It is probably a pinched nerve in the neck. A disc can impinge upon a nerve and cause arm symptoms.
In all likelihood you need some good physio on your neck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had several bouts of physio from a good experience lady physiotherapist this didn't help. I am begining to think that I have something that is quite sinister but I will take your adivice and go back to the physio and let her work on my neck by the way I also had acupuncture.Thank you.

Yes, that is possible
I would get an MRI of the neck then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I rated Dr Phil diagnosis from the symtoms I gave him good, yet I keep getting message for me to rate him well as I said, I will go to the physio as he suggested. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Dr Phil as my computer is playing up I could not get intouch with you recently but I am following your advice I had an xray but is waiting to see my G.P to find out the results. He didn't think that an MRI scan is necessary but I have told him what you advised. Will be intouch with any recent results. The pain is still annoying me. Can't get much sleep at the moment any suggestions. Thanks very much.

Margaret. Cumberbatch.

what about paracetamol?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Dr Phil since I last contacted you I have had an xray on my neck and my GP has said that on the xray it has shown thatIhave arthritis of my neck but he didn't give me or advise any treatment as I said before I have been using Voltarol Gel but I now think that my symptoms are getting worst, I am now not having much sleep due to the pain in my

neck and shoulders and also at the top of my axilla. what can you advise.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr Phil this a question for my daughter who has had shoulder pain for sometime, she is quite worried about the diagnosis which is said to be polymyalgia, she has a steroid which when she does as she is advised i.e reducing the dose to see whether it will be better but it doesn't so she has to go back to the high dose of Prednisolone. Can you give any advice and will I have to pay you more. Your help would be useful.Thank you very much.

Margaret.J.Cumberbatch(Mrs)

yes, this is a separate question so I do have to charge more.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr Phil do you mean more info about the question I asked in relation to my daughter? How much more will that cost me.

same cost as the original question