DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I'm 29 and I noticed that in the past years my memory deteriorat

I'm 29 and I noticed that in the past years my memory deteriorated a lot, can't remember dates, recent past or far past, where I put things, names, stories, can't fallow directions, I get lost, I have speach problems- pronunciation, spelling, mixing words- and confusion. I don't know where to go for help. Went to GP a while back for my memory and he did't took me seriously, he said it's psihological since I am dementia carer...I would like to be helped somehow as I don't know what's going on anymore. Thanks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You need to have your thyroid hormone measured
It is a blood test, TSH and T4
You have to know the exact value of TSH because the "normal" range is too wide.
It needs to be under 2.5 and over .3.
Also, you should have your B12 checked immediately. Pernicious anemia can cause this.
Also ask your doctor for a referral to a neurologist, who would have already checked these, and who can examine you for other problems.
Anxiety and depression can also do this.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
thanks
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I have taken care of patients in all walks of medicine for over 20 years. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had blood test done, thyroid, b 12, iron, red cells, gluten intolerance. My GP says they are all ok. We had a chat and she reffered me to a Psihology Team as she suspects I suffer from depression. I started taking B 12 and Iron myself, I'very noticed a slightly improvement in the first 2 days but I'm still the same as before really.

Thank you for your response, I rated excellent.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
The TSH must be under 2.5
Good luck.