Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have been told I have an elasticated right hip joint and

I have been told I have an elasticated right hip joint and a deformed socket am 39 years old. I am getting a lot of pain when walking and when I sit or lie down I get a lot of pain in my left leg and back but right hip gets better. This started when my mother kicked me when I was 14 months old and the right side of the pelvis was deformed and dislocated. 3 years old the removal of frogman's plaster discovered Perth's disease. 3.5 years right hip was screwed. 8-18 years old made to go horse riding screamed in pain it affected every movement I made. Right leg kept getting longer than the left, 18 it was 2inches longer than the left before the opp. and no one listened to me because when I was 12 years old my mother sent me to a psychiatrist and got me classed with behavioural problems. 15 diagnosed and treated for a sever brain tumour since birth. 18 Operated on to reconstruct my femoral head but found dislocation. Covered up abuse by cutting bone away from right femur bone and reforming right side of pelvis and gluing femur head to pelvis. Right leg left 2inches short. Parents put me in the private system as a child and made sure my medical records disappeared by paying the surgeon to do just that.13years later G.P. broke glue to do a smear test. 5 years later referred to orthopaedic at hospital. Told I had elastic hip and deformed socket. I would like to know how what that means and does it follow up with what's happened to me? What are my options?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
I'm so sorry you went through all of this
This is terrible
Basically this means you have abnormal movements of the hip. It doesn't move in the normal smooth manner
It has more lateral movement and stretches out of the socket more than it should. This can result in a loose or giveway sensation at the hip. That is quite common with this problem
Also, the deformed socket is bad. The socket should be round and smooth. Yours is not. This is probably from the joint moving abnormally in the space
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I am n agony which ever way I turn what would be your advice on how to limit the ain as no one has given me orthopaedic pain killers yet. I have been trying to find out how to get information on stem cell doner treatment as before I die I would like a few normal pain free years. I had 7 weeks of radio therapy for my tumour. That is why an operation is not advisable.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr Phil, I would like to know my options. I have tried to find information on stem cell donor treatment as I had radio therapy 23 years ago.

I'm very sorry about this once again.
you sound like you are suffering greatly
I would try to get in with a physiatrist. Not a therapist or physical therapist but a special type of doctor that deals with musculoskeletal problems non surgically
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you give me any information about stem cell treatment. I do know it will cost and I may have to leave the country for this.