Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a mild tinnitus in my left ear which isn,t really a

I have a mild tinnitus in my left ear which isn,t really a problem, I also get an an infrequent low frequency rumbling overall sound which I can sometimes feel as well as hear, when I ask friends if they too can hear the rumble - they cannot,
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Dr Basu : Hi there, This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Dr Basu : First of all, you should get checked for high blood pressure and cholesterol.
Dr Basu : These two conditions can affect the ear blood vessels causing turbulent blood flow and hence the noise known as tinnitus.
Dr Basu : The next possibility will be some degree of hearing loss which can make noise louder in quiet environment like at night time.
Dr Basu : The next possibility, less likely but should be consider, possible brain tumor like Acoustic neuroma which can affect the nerve carrying the hearing perception.
Dr Basu : This requires a MRI scan of the brain to rule that out.
Dr Basu : Lastly, if everything is normal, this can be anxiety and stress related.
Dr Basu : You will benefit from a benzodizepine like Clonazepam 0.5 to 1 mg at bedtime daily.to calm down the very active nerves in the ear.
Dr Basu : I will suggest you to consult with an experienced ENT specialist for the above work up first.
Dr Basu : Best wishes,
Dr Basu : It was my pleasure to help you today.
I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/