Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have big lump under my ear and a lots lym node around here

I have big lump under my ear and a lots lym node around here and feel stuck in my throat
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Do you have problem in swallowing?
Do you feel something is stuck in throat?
How long has this been going on for?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Have you seen any doctor for this issue?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it problem with swallow.yes im feel something stuck in my throat.it over a month now.im mot suffering any medical.i seen doctor and they sent me to scan at the end this month but i can't wait
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
It is called as Globus Sensation. Here a person feels that he has a lump in the back of their throat. It is usually felt in the front of the neck and can move around, usually up or down.
I would suggest the following tests for confirmation -
1. 24 hours pH monitoring test - The confirmatory test for acid reflux
2. Esophageal manometry - To look for esophageal spasms which can also cause such symptoms.
3. Upper GI endoscopy - To look for inflamed esophagus.
For the time, Take Syp. Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals. Take Zantac 150mg twice a day. Both of these are OTC drugs.
Lifestyle modifications would be helpful-
1. Head elevation while sleeping.
2. Small frequent meals.
3. Going to bed 2- 3 hours after food .
4. Avoid bed time snacks.
5. Avoid smoking and alcohol.
6. Avoid tight fitting clothes.
7. Avoiding cola, citrus drinks, carbonated drinks, tea, coffee, spicy food
8. Weight reduction.
Having a big lump under ear and swollen lymph nodes should be further investigated by doctor.
Lymph node can get enlarged in infection, inflammatory conditions, or an abscess.
It is a common finding as this is the area of body most exposed to the environment and hence the infections. The lymph nodes enlarge and regress back to their normal size once the infectious organism is cleared off.
One other possibility is of lipoma. This is benign tumor and is harmless.
As such a visit to doctor for clinical checkup and evaluation is necessary. A clinical evaluation and blood tests are necessary for diagnosis.
You doctor can advice blood test and lymph node biopsy to make a diagnose.
I suggest you to consult your doctor and get it evaluated.
I wish for your good health.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But the big lump on left ear and lymph nodes got alot and i have fevers as well some time cold some tinme hot.and feel pain in side left ear.and do u think i have cancer
Dear Customer,
Thanks for asking follow up question. I am happy to answer you further.
Well, Lymph node can become swollen due to some previous infection.
Such inflamed lymph nodes, are normal part of body fighting mechanism. Usually such bumps would get resolve by its own.
It is not related with cancer or other serious issue. No need to get panic, or take stress.
It could be related with underlying chronic infection.
You can gargle with hot, saline water , You need to mix two teaspoonfuls of salt in 1 glass of hot water and gargle thrice daily.
Steam inhalation would also be helpful. This is not related with malignancy or cancer.
I wish for your good health.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I use salt water a month now but not help much still feel something stuck in my throat i try swallow but it still there.and the lymph nodes not pain when i touch i move.and main thing the lump under left ear get bigger very hard.
Dear Customer,
First of all i would make clear, that it is not related with cancer or other serious issue. Please don't get panic.
Painful lump under ear, could also be related with cyst, It is a sac which is filled with a fluid or semi-fluid material.
The most common type of cyst in this area are- epidermoid and pilar cysts.
Such cyst are round lumps and can be felt just beneath the skin surface. They are very common.
Painful cyst which is increasing in size could be indicative of infection. A course of antibiotics should be given.
Also if the condition doesn't improve , then it can be removed by a simple operation under local anesthesia. In such case a small incision is made over the cyst. Typically, the cyst can be easily removed.
I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician