Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

if I have a metabolic age of 76 and I am only 61 what does

if I have a metabolic age of 76 and I am only 61 what does this actually mean and how to I get my metabolic age down
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer
There are a couple of different methods for calculating metabolic age, but the simplest method in based on body measurements.
When your assessment was done, was anything assessed beyond body measurements?
I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

If the metabolic age was determined using body measurements, it is a indication of how your height and weight compares to the average for your age, which is a reflection of the individual’s metabolic rate.

In that setting, the interventions to get the metabolic age down are the commonly recommended health habits, including eating a healthy low-fat diet, getting regular aerobic exercise, and achieving ideal body weight.

If I can provide any further information, including if a different method was used to calculate metabolic age, please let me know.