Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

Hi! I am desperate for my thorough direct investigation of

Hi! I am desperate for my thorough direct investigation of my condition.
I have this feeling of dizziness,fainting episodes associated with very high blood pressure which resolved in few hours when i am rested. I felt numbed from my extremities and palpitation and pele who saw me when it occurs said that i looked so pale followed by blushed.
I was seen by medical specialist and want to invistigate further. I was treated with Labetolol 100mg BD for 2 months but now it was stopped prior for their planned invistigation for table tilt test because my symptoms of dizziness/fainting still recurrent especially upon exerting more effort.
Its been a week now that they stopped my labetolol but since then my BP were like a Yoyo. Worst last night when i was entertaining a friend I went pale and i felt like floating and followed by numbness on my extremities and my BP was 173/110 mmHg. After almost half an hour it gradually went down to 150/100 then 139/94. After almost an hour, my symptoms came back and checked my BP 139/103mmhg.
I was admitted in the hospital last 2 months agofor3 days following the same episode whilst Im shopping but my BP went sky high 190/120mmhg.Last May was a blast episode which i thought i wont survived.
As of now I can not do much things because my sypmtoms reoccur, i just stop in between of my chores once i felt the auraof my symptoms.
I need your opinion please. I read about pheuchromocytoma which then to my knowledge it all explains in my condition. I had 48 hours urine collection but shows negative.
What is your advice please.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im still waiting for reply please.
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Negative urine tests rules out pheochromocytoma.
I would like to rule out few other causes - Anemia/ vitamin deficiency/ thyroid imbalance/ stress or anxiety.
Few blood tests would give us more answers.
I would also get MRI for Brain/ CT temporal bones {to look for middle and inner ear abnormality}.
Till than - Have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ avoid alcohol, smoking/ stay away from stress or anxiety {Yoga, meditation help}.
Wish you well.
Best
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience: Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.