Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I get a pain in back of head, particularly after getting out

Customer Question

I get a pain in back of head, particularly after getting out of bed. I am hard of hearing and wear hearing aids. It is not a severe pain - more muscular. Slighty concerned.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
How long has this been going on for?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?
Do you have pain in arm/ shoulder?
Numbness in arm?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A few weeks. No medical condition and not on any medication. No pain elsewhere. No major anxiety. Just usual everyday financial anxiety

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
Well, the potential source of your pain in back side of head is your neck. You may have a pinched nerve/muscle spasms or bulging disks in your neck that are worsened by the way you sleep.
Other possible reasons are-
-High blood pressure
-Sleep disturbances
-Also Anxiety, stress, depression, excess coffee, alcohol can cause morning headaches.
-Eye strain from excess usage of computer can cause morning headache.
If you have these symptoms for long time, then you need to get a consultation with doctor for examination, investigations to get the precise diagnosis.
You may be advised MRI to rule out neurological causes. Also sleep study can be advised for diagnosis.
Tension headache is the most common type of headache.It can be caused by tightened muscles in the back of the neck and scalp or in most cases the cause is unknown.
If this is tension headache, then they often respond well to massage therapy and stress reduction techniques such as breathing exercises and meditation.
I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.