Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My two big toe nails have been swollen blue pusy and bleed

My two big toe nails have been swollen blue pusy and bleed I have been under podiatrist for 6years all they do cut down the sides one nail was taken off but grew again and took 2 years to grow again today I had to have treatment itold them that that I require toe nail surgery the said I could not have it done because they use phenol to kill the nail bedanas I had a quadruple by pass 3years ago the blood thinner I am on is clopidogral my gp said I could leave it off but the podiatrist said that they are reluctant to do this proceeded please advise. Thankyou
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--we can continue after this if you'd like but the clopidigrel wouldn't be an absolute contraindication to the surgery and if your GP is OK with leaving it off that's even better. You should have your GP discuss this with your podiatrist and if he's still reluctant to do the surgery you need to get a second opinion from a different podiatrist.