DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I suffered a near death experience about three and half years

I suffered a near death experience about three and half years ago. I was in Hospital for five weeks. I am claiming for my losses due to the incident. About a year ago I had an interview with a psychiatrist and was referred for PTSD. I have had twelve sessions and I feel much better. However, the defendent's solicitors are asking for me to see their own psychiatrist as they are denying the PTSD. I am frightened that I will be forced to relive my experiences and and being the subject of aggressive or abusive questioning. I am 74 and in good general health except for the results of the accident which include 12 broken or cracked bones in my back and spine. Can you give any advice?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.
My advice would be to have your therapist communicate with the psychiatrists that are going to interview you, and to provide records.
There is absolutely no need for them to attempt therapy with you, but simply to review the case.
With talking to you, and correct documentation , that should be enough.
In fact, I am sure they are going to be aware that they should not in any way stimulate further trauma.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.