DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi there, I have been suffering from headaches for months

Hi there, I have been suffering from headaches for months now most daya, been to doctors a few times and been told it is chronic tension headaches and I was just looking for some expert advice. Sypmtoms are pain at back of head, sometimes in morning and night but mostly consistent throughout the day, also have burning sensation in shoulders. May I add I also suffer from anxiety.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
What treatment are you getting for the anxiety?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Popranolol and coping with it by keeping active

OK
I don't think propanalol is the best anxiety treatment.
Have you had any physical therapy, and any anxiety therapy>?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yea but didnt seem to work for me, im not so bad now, wast alot worse a few months ago, just wondering if my headaches are related

Yes
But they could also be related to problems in your neck and spine
Structural problems.
I would see a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor, MD specialist in pm&R.
The correct physical therapy might get rid of your headaches.
Yes they can be related to anxiety as well.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
did you have another question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should I maybe try changing pillows amd stuff

That should be based on the assessment by the PM&R doctor.
There are different pillows for different findings.
Doing it on your own can make a mistake, but you can try.
I would get the exam.
Hey listen, we are only paid by just answer PER positive rating. I don't see any on my posts.
Please do a positive rating.
Come back as needed.
That way I get paid.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Gave you excellent rating, how long would it take for tension headache medicine to work ?

There is no rating on any of my answers.
That will show up on the post.
You need to click a smiley face oar *****
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just done it, could you answer previous question please

Which medicine are we talking about now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Amitriptyline

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Amitriptyline 10mg at night

three to four weeks, but as early as 3 to 4 days.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much

You are welcome anytime.
Any questions.
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I have taken care of patients in all walks of medicine for over 20 years. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.