Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Hi dr David Thanks for the reassurances lately. My tension

Customer Question

Hi dr David
Thanks for the reassurances lately. My tension headache is more in the neck and back now so I'm guessing it's tension coming from those muscles ? Also you told me to take vitamin e for my fatty liver now I have reversed the fat ie alt 25 ast 20 and ggt10 billibubin 8 Can I have a glass or two of red wine for my birthday ??? Will it instantly put fat on the liver ?? Also you mentioned vitamin e shall I take a supplement Dailey ??
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

sorry about your tension headaches.

Dr. David :

yes, tensions in your neck and back can cause tension headaches there.

Dr. David :

yes, you can have a glass or two of red wine for your birthday.

Dr. David :

it will not instantaniously put fat back on your liver.

Dr. David :

I don't think I was the one to mention vitamin E for you.

Customer : You reassured me that they are not serious you know my anxiety ! And I think your right they have eased off and come back around the neck and back
Customer : Oh is bit e good ?
Customer : With those liver results. Gt 10 my specialist said my fat wasn't driven by alchohol ?
Dr. David :

yes, I agree.

Customer : Will vit e be good to take long term for the liver. Beneficial ?
Dr. David :

but you should not drink excessive alcohol.

Dr. David :

there is no research trial showing this.

Dr. David :

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02813/facts-about-vitamin-ehttp://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02813/facts-about-vitamin-e

Dr. David :

is good info about vitamin E

Dr. David :

your liver can often heal itself.

Customer : Oh any suggestions ? For supplements. I drink 1 small glass of red Italian wine a day is that ok,or stop ??
Customer : my specialist says that all my liver results are now perfect and the Nash has reversed completely. ?
Dr. David :

if your liver enzymes have come down with you drinking one glass, that is fine.

Customer : So stop panicking ??
Dr. David :

some people take milk thistle for their livers

Customer : If I could stop panivc
Dr. David :

you can talk to your liver specialist about this

Dr. David :

yes, and stop panicking.

Customer : if I could stop panicking about headache tonight would be relaxing. Can I do that ?
Dr. David :

yes, you can stop panicking.

Dr. David :

do you have other questions?

Customer : Thanks again speak soon as it helps my anxiety ? Just to recap headache is not serious relax about liver as the bloods are excellent alt 25 ast 20 get 10
Dr. David :

yes.

Dr. David :

relax about liver.

Dr. David :

relax about headache

Dr. David :

anxiety and tension causing headache.

Dr. David :

liver is fine.

Customer : Have a great. Evening !
Dr. David :

you too.

Dr. David :

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr David.
Got a small panic on can you help please
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
please start a new question for me here.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr David just paid but it won't let the question get to you ??
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I don't see that you paid for a new question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have paid again ! Can you see my latest question
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes, I have been helping you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr David. Massage seems to help my neck and tension headache. When I move my neck the musckes feel tense and stiff. If I move it up and down I can feel the pain move from neck to above the eyes and bridge of nose Is there anything else that would help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you can buy a self massager.

you can use warm heating pads on your neck

try to get a rice bag heating pad that you can heat up in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and use on your neck to help relax tense muscles

stretching and exercise therapy can help decrease stress as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you and thank you for helping me re the neutroohil count last night my doctor said the same as you today on a routine visit that 1.58 is fine and normal
This headache is long lasting and you have reassured me it's not serious also my blood results were fine. Wil it gradually go ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
as your tension and stress and anxiety gets better, the headache will get better as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So the old patterns I have had for over ten years ie it last a month or two then goes for 6 months would be what you'd expect with this type of headache. ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes,

you could continue to have that

unless you get better treatment to control your anxiety symptoms.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm seeing a therapist on Friday. But I've decided to take control by asking you and my specialists about things instead of googling its a start ??
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes, good idea.

google often worsens your anxiety

I am glad you are seeing your therapist

also you should talk to your doctor about medication treatment for your anxiety as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr David
Mark Tinniswood here. My anxiety has been better and I'm not panicking so much re headache its milder comes on late morning neck gets stiff and a little back ache a few band like pains in front
Then it eases off as I relax in the evening.
How do I reassure myself it's not serious. ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you should start a new question for me here

you need to talk to your doctor about medications to help decrease your anxiety symptoms

are you on treatment for your anxiety symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've started and paid for a new question as requested
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will you reply Asaph please
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I replied to the new question

here it is

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/8pkra-hi-dr-david-i-m-staring-new-question-requested-my.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr David got a bit of a panic on.
The headache is in the neck muscles as usual but is in the face either side of the nose. Not very painful but a little annoying.
I'm now panicking there's something serious in the sinuses ? Would my bloods have shown that ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes your blood work would have showed anything serious

you don't have to worry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good news I nearly convinced myself it was ok so I must be getting a little more in control. So probably stress in face muscles ? Is my fixating on the headache prolonging it ? My wife says I talk about nothing else
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes, your fixation and anxiety can prolong pain and tension on your face.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Esr ck and c reactive protein blood work would have elevated I'm assuming ? I'm seeing therapist tomorrow
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
that is good you are seeing a therapist tomorrow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Those bloods would have raised? And thank you have a good evening
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes, those levels would have been raised if there was bad inflammation in your body.

you don't need to worry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks dr David
I saw an anxiety therapist and was hypnotised it has helped I'm starting to relax a little. And am going back.
My headache eases off in the evening as I relax. And is milder comes on during the day as I rush about neck still a little stiff how can I convince myself it's not serious ? Last hurdle
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
you will continue to worry and have anxiety until you get better treatments for your anixety disorder.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But logically the headache isn't serious ? And all the symptoms I've given you define that including the blood work. ?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
no, these headaches aren't serious.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The hypnosis has helped I'm more positive and am starting to think in a better way. Do you think counselling and hypnosis is a way forward for me. And would you expect the pattern of headache ie coming on through the day easing when relaxing and tired usual for tension
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I think you need more than just counseling and hypnosis.

yes, your headaches sound like tension headaches.

it has been 11 days since the origional question.