Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had red blotches on the head of my penis intermittently

I have had red blotches on the head of my penis intermittently but last night I noticed a small watery blister. The head is itchey but there is no pain on the head or in urinating. I have also noticed a small split in the foreskin where the skin appears dry. It cannot be an STD.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--could you post a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

https://duhnpg.dm2302.livefilestore.com/y2mIxOERajkFNmsJzneA5s22ojMaVzjUsMeY3dKn86VAr3fdRqywZ6OdtOvN7mFvIMRVCDmBCBlcghowxUlA7FlMkGyCT5trgkMlp0x1Y-yo5g/WP_20141005_001.jpg?download&psid=1

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. This looks like what's call balanitis--a yeast infection of the penis that men get and it's not an STD. While it would best for you to have a doctor look at this and treat it with prescription ketoconazole cream you could try Lamisil cream three times a day for a week first and if that didn't clear it up you should go ahead and have a doctor check it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks - I will do that. The only problem with seeing my GP is that I am going on holiday next week and am not sure if I could get to see him before I go away.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Try the Lamisil for now then Chris. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you