DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

1998 suffered subdural haematoma with right parietal shift

1998 suffered subdural haematoma with right parietal shift and left frontal lobe damage, I was 36 yo. My periods became irregular, maybe 3-4 per year, and stopped in 2008. my body temperature fluctuates- high to low. gp cannot give HRT due to history of multiple Pulmonary Embolism, and 1 bout of pneumonia. my weight has increased from 9 stone 6 in 1998, to 17 stone, I have no energy, have tried diets and exercise to no avail, and have now been diagnosed with clinical depression.
I was told that my pituitary gland had been damaged in the accident, but that is all, and no one seems interested
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
What is your exact question please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you think that I need my hypothalamus/pituitary gland function checking

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK, I see.
The way that is checked is by blood tests
AM cortisol.
TSH and T4
Sex hormone panel , testosterone, and SHBG.
If all of these are in normal range, the pituitary is OK.
I assume that has not been done...?
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.