Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi doctor I am writing as I am concerned that I have feeling

Hi doctor
I am writing as I am concerned that I have feeling unwell for sometime. It started around two month ago when I was suddenly feeling fatigued and unwell. After 5 days I felt 90% better. Three weeks ago I suddenly felt unwell again with feeling fatigued very weak unwell and muscle aches. I come out in a cold last Saturday with a streaming nose and eyes but this actually made me feel a little better and my flu like symptoms disappeared.
I then on Friday suddenly felt the same problems again with he feeling unwell and muscle aches and very weak. Sometimes if I take a gentle walk it can make me feel temporarily better. I had my bloods dome for full blood count, thyroid and EBV all negative. The only blood that was slightly raised was my CK levels which were 465.
I am very concerned as I am getting married In 5 days and want to be right for the wedding!
Any advice would be appreciated
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi again. We you also checked for vitamin levels and cortisol levels?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes all fine

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Richard--did you doctor have any comments about your symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes he believed I could be stressed. I said I do not feel stressed as such but I constantly worry about things. Can stress cause flu like symptoms?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also I was worried about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but I don't understand my symptoms can come and go!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

also ck levels are 465 that worrying me?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, if the EBV titer test was negative, it's not CFS. How's your sleep? And no that CPK level isn't something to be concerned about
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My sleep seems ok but I am snoring heavily according to my partner and I have a need to sleep sometimes during the day. I am finding it hard to get up and my muscles are aching. Also I have had nights where I have sweated excessively. No bad dreams or anything

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Richard--just to check here did your doctor screen you for any autoimmune disorders with an antinuclear antibody, rheumatoid factor, sed rate, and C reactive protein?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes and all good

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK then Richard--it would seem that you've had all the necessary tests to look for a reason for your symptoms and they were all normal. This could be a sleep apnea problem with your snoring so I would have you undergo a sleep study. And if that were OK then I'd agree it would be stress and anxiety.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What can cause this to come on suddenly and would this make me unwell?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You may have had a sleep apnea for some time and it's only now affecting your sleep to where you feel tired and sometimes sleeping during the day and the muscle aches would be part of that