DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

what is the dose of Paliperidone / abivaterone/ zytiga that

what is the dose of Paliperidone / abivaterone/ zytiga that is an equivalent dose to 2.5mg olanzipine?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
IN fact there is no exact equivalent dose.
It also makes a difference as to what has been treated....
What condition is being treated?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mild anxiety/ nerves/ hyper-tension after heart attack six years ago; very mild paranoia

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
OK
Someone has given you mis information.
Olanzipine can be used for the purpose you state.
Zytiga is for prostate cancer.
Did you mean zyprexa?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Must be Paliperidone as my first named medicine in my question

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
The brand name is invega.
That is indeed used for similar purposes.
The equivalent [more or less] dosage, would be 6 mg once in the morning
However, it is not necessarily a better drug than olanzapine zyprexa], that is not correct information.
Each drug might be better for certain patients..that is why the doctor in charge monitors.
What can be said is that both are newer drugs compared to the older anti psychotics, and thus share similar actions and advantages.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This seems a anti-psychotic - not sure if either of them are correct; can you suggest something not so 'anti-psychotic' - symptoms/ condition is not psychosis/ schizophrenia ?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
No, I can not.
Paranoia is something treated by these medications.
You need to discuss this with your doctor.
I do not know your exact diagnosis, so I can not really say what other meds should be used.
These meds are used for bi polar as well.
Typically, if the disorder is generalized anxiety, and SSRI medication is used, such as zoloft.....but that is also something to discuss with your doctor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That (zoloft) seems like a more suitable medication for the patient symptoms, etc. What would be the equivalent dose to 3mg Olanzipine. What would be another alternative similar to Zoloft or is that a very good medicine?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
There is no equivalent dose at all.
they are completely different classes of medication.
Zoloft is very good, celexa is very good.
Zoloft is initiated at 25 mg once daily.
But then increased by the doctor, depending on response.
The dose must be individualized.