Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Hi, i accidently swallowed 0.2ml of nicotine, Propylene Glycol

Hi, i accidently swallowed 0.2ml of nicotine, Propylene Glycol & Glycerol from a faulty E-cigarette. I rung 101 as i had a burning sensation in my mouth and was advised to attend the local infirmary immediately within 60 mins. I attended and waited 2.5 hours not to be seen by a doctor. I eventually left with no treatment as they did not seem so bothered? The box the liquid came in said it was a toxic poison and seek immediate medical attention if swallowed. 2 days have passed and i still feel very rough and my stomach is making some amazing noises and i have a cramping pain under my rib cage. There is a lot of negative feedback online swallowing neat nicotine (24mg)? Can you enlighten me on this problem i have?
Sean Baruch
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

The abdominal pain and nausea is due to the ingestion of nicotine.

Dr. K. :

The treatment would have been activated charcoal but that would have been at the local infirmary.

Dr. K. :

Its too late for any treatment but at this point, you will get through it without any long term issues.

Dr. K. :

The nicotine is metabolized and the effects you are feeling are after effects.

Dr. K. :

Consider taking some pepto bismol to lessen the symptoms for the next day or two.

Customer:

Thank you for your answer. As long as there no on gong problems. Regards

Customer:

Sean Baruch