Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Can stress make your chest feel so bad, its almost like a heart

Can stress make your chest feel so bad, its almost like a heart attack. I am not able to lay down the pain is very high level.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Dr Uzair :

No stress does not cause chest pain directly. Stress can cause increase blood pressure and increase sympathetic tone which can lead to vasoconstriction and other effects on the heart leading to acute coronary events like angina, myocardial infarction etc.

Dr Uzair :

New onset chest pain in any one over 40 should be investigated with an EKG and in the ER.

Dr Uzair :

I would suggest that you call help and go to the Emergency Room right away to have this evaluated and treated.

Dr Uzair :

If you have any more queries, let me know.