Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hello, I would like to ask you about a skin care

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to ask you about a skin care condition i have mistakelny slapped my wife and it has gone very bad she has a very bad red color patched on her skin i need a help to releieve that scar she is very much worried about it that was not meant to slap but it happened mistakley we were playing tho and all of sudden it happened can you please tell us how to recover that scar its getting worse blue and black are there any formula to use to get over it ? thank you

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. When exactly this incident has happened? Where are you currently located? Have you tried anything so far? Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we have just tried betnovit and nothing else we need to know if there is anything we can try over it ? and get this recovered asap ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been waiting for the answer and you have delayed alot can u please answer me fast ?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Zohaib thanks a lot for your input. I apologise for the delay but due to some technical issue I was not notified about your reply. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per picture your wife has got an infected wound on his face secondary to trauma. Use of betnovate is never recommended over the face as it can aggravate the infection and can cause thinning of skin as well. Now the point is this that what you should do now? I asked for your location because if you are in Pakistan you can get most of the drugs over the counter including antibiotics. Ideally you should ask permission from your doctor and then use antibiotics. Use of Tablet Co-amoxiclav (augmentin) 1gm twice daily for seven days is recommended to treat this infection. Moreover polyfax skin ointment should be applied to the area thrice daily. Wash the area with any antibacterial soap before applying polyfax. If you are in UK then the only thing you can do yourself is application of over the counter available Neosporin ointment ( an antibiotic ointment) thrice daily. Use of multivitamin tablet containing vitamin A is also recommended in these cases. If you are in Uk you have to visit a doctor to get antibiotics. Ask your wife not to use any cosmetic over the face till this gets healed. Lastly avoidance of sun exposure is required. I wish her good luck and that she gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How does it take to recover if we use these products which u have suggested me we are at the moment in pakistan and do u know any good vitamin A suppliments and the tablet u suggested should be taken twice someone suggested day cream cutipro and cutirate m onimenti bough the vitamin A 10000 IU puritan pride and poly fax too if that can solve the things and calm the thigns in shorrter time like a week or so and also let me know if there is any surgery to permenantely remove such scar or any laser treatments ? we have flight for usa on 20th can you tell me if that wil be good for her i feel very sorry for she is very much dishearted if you can suggest me more better options and better cures thanks

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry that you are annoyed due to late reply but due to some error I never get notified about your message so I have to check periodically. The info I asked was important because duration of illness is always important and your location can help me guide you that whether you need a doctor to prescribe drugs like here in us or you can buy anything yourself like in Pakistan. Coming to your question , It will take 3 to 4 weeks for complete recovery. You can ask pharmacy person for tretinoin cream and he will provide you that. Commercial name for one such product is Retin A cream in pskistan. It contains vitamin A derivative. In addition to this she needs polyfax and tab augmentin 1 gm twice daily for 10 days. Nothing else is required. I assure you that no surgery of any kind can help her. She just need to use the above mentioned products and slowly new skin will grow and scar will go away. What I have told you is all that is required and using anything else will be waste of time. I know that you are stressed but this is not something she has to live with but she has to wait for few weeks after starting the treatment. My best wishes and prayers will be following you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you hassan appreciate your efforts

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome Zohaib. I have requested customer services to fix the email notification problem. It was due to error that you were getting delayed replies otherwise I usually reply as soon as i get the notification. All the best. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello hassan i would like to ask you some more of the question related to the recovery she has recovered better in 2-3 days with those treatments now one more thing i need to ask about the blue coloured bruise above the eye it turned into blue can tou tell me what should we use for that blue thing to get into normal situation ?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
I am glad that she is getting better. There is no need to use anything on that blue area. That is a bruise and will go away with time. It may take a month or two for that bruise to go. But that is quite small and doesn't need any treatment as time will heal it. Regards