Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi, Story is this. Last month my period was 5 days late and

Story is this. Last month my period was 5 days late and I had very bad right side abdominal pain. I then had a very heavy bleed and the pain seemed to subside after a couple of days. I have an ultrasound which was normal.
Now, exactly 2 weeks later I am in the same position. I have lower right abdominal pain, my bum cheeks hurt on both sides, my right leg is aching, the pain is now on my side just above my hip and also goes round my back.
No other symptoms ie no fever, appetite is fine etc.
Please could you give me some advice as to what this could be? My doctors are not taking me seriously and have given me antibiotics for a UTI but this does not explain my symptoms. Am I wrong?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
This seems to be related to your low back
The pain radiating down the leg is indicative of that
A disc bulging in the low back can cause this leg pain by pressing on a spinal nerve
Is it possible that the period was just a coincidence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Possibly but it seems strange that it started again exactly 2 weeks later (during the time I should be ovulating)

GP has examined my and my lower right abdomen is tender to press but now the pain seems to be more along my side going down my bum

But the ultrasound was normal
I would have him check your low back
I suspect this is the issue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont understand how an issue with my lower back can cause abdominal pain and especially cause tenderness to the abdomen?

because the nerves from the back wrap around to the stomach and go down the leg
If the back checks out fine I would get a CAT scan to look for other problems like appendix
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They already told me my appendix was fine but will see if I can get emergency appointment tomorrow. My mother recently died from cancer and as you can imagine I am very scared of this happening to me

I highly doubt cancer Debbie.
Just to give you reassurance
I am very sorry about your mother.
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)