Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi I had a epigastric hernia operation in January 2014 had

Hi I had a epigastric hernia operation in January 2014 had problems since I was sent for a CT scan and had biopsy through my belly button and was told I had mesenteric panniculitis I take naproxen I still have bulge under my breast and still feel unwell when I went to see the consultant he said he would not call me back my own doctor doesn't know how to deal with it in the meantime I still have to work as I am single with a mortgage I have like a pulling feeling in my tummy when I get up in the morning and I don't sleep well I also wear a belt or a corset to help I would like some advise on this problem and how's best for me to deal with it may be diet and some sort of exercise but it would great to get up and just feel well many thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--have you had any studies recently to evaluate your problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

went to see my doctor who did not know how to treat me and told me to see him again if it didn't settle my mum said she would pay for me to see a private consultant went back to the doctor and was told to make my own appointment and he would write a cover letter I thought that they would recommend some one so I am in the process of trying to sort this out I just need some one to help me

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Rhonda. So can you tell me a bit more about the problem--is it just nausea or do you have indigestion, heartburn, or abdominal pain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my stomach doesn't feel right it feels hard and I don't like the lump under my breast it looks bigger than before I had it done my stomach hurts when I catch it I sometimes get like a stitch pain I feel full all the time and don't get a lot of sleep and I do feel sick and have gastric reflux I wish I had not had the op I went to see the consultant after the first op and he hurt me I was really sick when I arrived home like projectile vomiting which settled down after a week then I had CT scan and the second op I cant tell you how rotten I have felt this year I was also told that I had lumps on my lymph nodes was told that they were nothing to worry about

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Rhonda--and we can continue after this if you'd like. I would first get some studies--upper endoscopy, a screen for H pylori, and a gastric emptying study to see if by chance you have a problem with gastroparesis--slow stomach emptying. You may need different medications like Reglan and sulcrafate but if it's an H pylori problem antibiotics would take care of that. For now, I suggest you try daily probiotics and try an irritable bowel syndrome diet as outlined in this link
http://www.upmc.com/patients-visitors/education/gastro/pages/irritable-bowel-syndrome-diet.aspx
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

many thanks for your help I have written down what you have told and I will follow this up

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure Rhonda and let me know how it goes. Please remember to rate my service to you