Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

what homeopathic medicine for long-term anxiety, trauma and

Customer Question

what homeopathic medicine for long-term anxiety, trauma and lack of expressing emotion; consequently thinking too much about things.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
I think you are referring to a more natural substance you can take
A good choice to discuss with your GP is St John Wort.
This medicine works well for these problems
Try it. I think you will be impressed by the results.
consult with your GP first
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was expecting a homeopathic treatment I understand st johns wort is for a recent and short-term problem not a long-term one

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 years ago.
I am a double board certified clinical doctor as well as a classical homeopath.
You are correct, homeopathic remedies am to cure long term.
St John's wort has nothing to do with homeopathy and requires continued pills, not curing anything.
But you are not really thinking correctly about homeopathic remedies...there is no such thing as a remedy that is "for" a condition.
Just given what you described, it could be any one of a 1000 remedies.
This has to be narrowed down based on individualization.
If you tell me more about this, I can give you some prime examples, but even so, you are going to need to follow up with a good homeopath who can take the case and examine you.
Please tell me more about this problem; anything that comes to mind.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

trauma experienced when young which is not healed can then go on to hinder personality development and emotional expression this can then cause depression and lack of confidence

we need skills to cope with daily life and trauma can prevent the development of these skills something is needed to heal the trauma so allowing the person to function better

sorry, that does not help me give you a remedy demonstration.
Can you tell me what trauma, what exactly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

physical and emotional violence in childhood not being allowed to express any upset being made to feel you are the cause of all your problems broken home I am not sure what else you need to know

OK
Tell me more about not being able to express emotions.
Any other symptoms.
have you tried counseling?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

And what came of that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

counseling was a long time ago maybe the problem is just depression

can you prescribe a homeopathic medicine for depression if not I would prefer to end this consultation

Arsenicum album is a commonly used homeopathic remedy
Homeopaths will often use a 30c dose, three to four times a day, with Aconite 30c taken as needed if they are having additional panic attacks.

There are no specific indications so far for arsenicum album.

Remedies have to be chosen based on homeopathic differential diagnosis.

Sorry for the interuption...can you tell me more about your emotions?

You would have to state specific symptoms to rule in arsenicum. These are very specific.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

are you now saying you are not prescribing arsenicum I am confused do you agree we are talking about depression I cannot describe my emotions because I do not have any I feel in a state of panic all the time as a person who is having a panick attack does but mine never goes away and plus I am unable to express it so I am numb it is too late now to continue corresponding perhaps you can leave me an answer

Sorry, that was another expert
I did not suggest arsenicum, and would not at this point.
It would not be correct for me to give you a prescription based on scant information, without extensive analysis, and exam. Nor would it be ethical on my part.
I can suggest the most likely remedies, but you will have to find a homeopath to be sure, and I can help you with that as well.
Was this sexual abuse as a child?
Are you a hot or chilly person.
Are you restless physically?
Anything about sleep that is distintive?
Anything about how weather affects you?
Any actual phobias or fears?
Any recurring dreams?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no sexual abuse I generally feel warm but told by Chinese doctor I am actually cold and should keep well covered up I feel sluggish and everything is an effort both mentally and physically sleep has always been a problem and going to be is an effort now for many years heat is difficult for me but I cope clostraphobia quite bad I do not usually remember dreams

Feeling warm rules out arsenicum. Arsenicum loves heat, hot tops, sitting right next to the fire or stove will blankets on, etc.. This is not arsenicum.

I will be able to give you some more likely possibilities in a moment.

Tell me more about the sleep problem. More detail is helpful, anything unusual.

Any physical things about you, any chronic symptoms, for example with skin, muscles, teeth, ....anything?

Anything else about environment, weather, season, place, foods, etc?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I go to bed late and get up early and usually wake in the night and cant always go back to sleep so I get up I am very overweight my skin is no problem but my hair has become a problem it seems to have aged the most my gums/teeth are a problem I think I have a fluid retention problem and I have a swollen foot from a mosquito bite two years ago for which I did have antibiotics

What time to you wake typically?
Have you tried to lose weight? How?
What do you mean your hair has aged the most?
Are you particular [tidy, things have to be in their correct place]
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was waking a four o'clock but for past few weeks I am going a till seven but I do not know if this will last I usually go to bed about one o'clock I have tried to lose weight ofcourse this year I switched from processed flour to natural flour which includes pasta and rice which is usually organic I have always eaten fresh food gooked at home I do not drink fizzy drinks and buy a sugar made from woodbark/no calories I have increased my vegetables and fruit intake but I always feel tired and sluggish I also cycle a couple of miles most days my hair has thinned on top and looks lifeless my nature is to be very particular and tidy and thorough and I love detail and cleaning

OK
The top remedies on the analysis as it stands so far are, in order
Carcinosinum
natrum muriaticum
Argenticum nitricum
Kali-carb
ruta
med
pulsatilla
lyc
sil
nux v
staphasagria
Carcinosinum is set apart as it has the 4 am waking specifically, the others do not.
Carc, nat mur, staph and lyc have supressed emotions, and I would consider that a requirement in the analysis.
Carcinosinum fits the childhood abuse better than the others.
Now, there are physical exam findings that need to be factored in as well.
And a much longer analysis.
However, if those were supportive, I would start possibly with Carc 1M a single dose, return in one month. If I were your homeopath, which is what you have to find.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
further questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have researched all the remedies you listed and it has become clear that only a face to face consultation will I get the right remedy as it needs to be prescribed how often to take it and for how long as I am not really happy continuing an internet consultation as really this is too private I will finish it now thank you for your help

This was not meant to replace the face to face consultation.
In fact, I told you more than once that this would be required to get the correct remedy. If you will review my posts, you will see this.
I have spent time an analysis to give you a demonstration of what the correct remedies might be, in order to answer your question.
I am only paid by JA for a positive rating, that is how we are able to offer this service.
Please click a positive rating and let me know if you have further questions.