Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi there My girlfriend has been having problems, during sex

Hi there
My girlfriend has been having problems, during sex we noticed bleeding. She's been to see a gynecologist, been looked at, had all sorts of tests for various things like clymedia, etc. Anyway, we've waited a few days for the test results and the NHS has given her the all clear. Last night we had sex again for the first time in over a week and yet again she is slighty bleeding. We are really worried and frustrated.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your girl friend's discomfort due to bleeding during sex.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
Your girl friend aged 33 is having bleeding during sex.
As she has been tested & examined and the NHS has given her the all clear,the possible cause of her symptoms can be lack of lubrication.
Spotting after rough sex is very common cause especially when there is lack of lubrication.The vagina had got very rich blood supply & the blood vessels here are very fragile.So due to rough sex,spotting/bleeding is very common.
Too little foreplay and not enough time are often the reasons why women lack lubrication.Hormonal imbalance is another common cause.Very often this vaginal dryness causes bleeding during/after sex.So lubrication is must.
Everyone has different preferences for choice of lubricant.K-Y Jelly is the old standby and it has the advantage of being available in almost every drug store.Also AstroGlide is very good as it is water-based, odorless, tasteless, light, and can be reactivated with water.
So she can try both of these lubricants and see which one works best for her.This will hopefully lubricate her vagina & hence she will not have bleeding.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The worrying thing is she does get very moist during sex, which is good of course, but i mean it's worrying coz it's not like she is dry inside. However, we even use lube sometimes and yet we're still getting this problem. She's worried it could be a cancer of some kind as she had a friend years ago, who had the same problem, who was given the all clear on to develop cancer later. Maybe she is being a bit paranoid, i don't know. She is really upset though

Dear Customer,
Thank you for replying back.
Its good to know that she gets very moist during sex.
It does not seem to be of cancer now.
The most common cause of bleeding during sex are:cervical dysplasia(precancerous changes),infections like chlamydia,gonorrhea,trichomoniasis,vaginal yeast infection.
Other causes are:vaginitis or cervicitis,cervical polyps,uterine polyps,endometritis.
Although she has been ruled out for any such condition by NHS,still I advise that she should get back to private clinic to rule out any underlying condition.
I can understand that she is upset & worried thinking of cancer,so re examination is advised for her.
Hope this helped.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert