Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have a perpetual headache which I have had since early summer.

Customer Question

I have a perpetual headache which I have had since early summer. I sometimes have to take pain relief but mostly I use distraction to avoid dwelling on the pain. My sight prescription has changed - got better - but I need to go back as I think it is now back to the poorer level of before. I sometimes struggle with my focus. Optician said that my eyes showed raised pressure and I plan to go back for another test, at her recommendation. The headache makes my head feel heavier at the top... I have put up with it as I thought it was pre holiday stress back in June. Then I had a fall and knocked the base of my skull badly en route to the holiday and expected and had a bad headache since then. The bruise and lump disappeared.
Now I have lower body pain in my back and abdomen. I have had two spinal operation (discectomies) so I am aware of that type of pain and I am really careful not to disrupt my frame. This pain is different - like one feels if you have become really chilled. I still have full movement.
I feel like a hypochondriac. Hate going to GP with multiple issues.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I understand the situation
What is your question exactly?