Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

ontraceotive pillMy Girl friend has been pescribed Myrin I

ontraceotive pillMy Girl friend has been pescribed Myrin I to treat minimal TB spots on her lungs and she is taking the contraceptive pill and we want to know how effective the pill with remaim during this medication course.
Hi. The Myrin I may lose its contraceptive effectiveness of contraceptive pill so she should use extra contaceptive protection like condoms and spermicidal jelly while she is on the Myrin I and for a few weeks after she stops taking it. She should discuss this with her doctor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are the two pills safe to be taken together?

Yes--no other interactions except for the effect on the birth control pill Shane