Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Over 2 weeks ago I found a small vein/blood vessel appearing

Customer Question

Over 2 weeks ago I found a small vein/blood vessel appearing bump on the left side of my penis just under the head of the penis and can only be felt if I pull back the foreskin. It is discreet and not prominent, it appears to be horizontal and only about 1cm in length. It has no noticeable colouring, rash, pain, discomfort and has not increased in size or texture that I have noticed.
To touch it feels almost cord like but I wouldn't describe it as particularly hard. When completely flacid and relaxed it feels soft and thin and barely noticeable, once tampered with it seems to bulge only slightly more and seems not particularly harder but perhaps more firm.
It is discreet in terms of its appearance and to find via touch so it is possible that it has been there a long time or has always been there for all I'm aware. Visually it doesn't stand out from anywhere else under the foreskin. It may be worth mentioning there is a similar cord like
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.
I see you have already asked this question and received an answer from one expert. Do you have more concerns? You can go back to that question and ask that expert. If you want a different answer, please post a picture.