Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Dear Sir/ Madam, I am writing to ask for help with my current

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am writing to ask for help with my current situation.
Last couple of months were quite difficult for me and basically still are.
I was accepting a job offer, but instead of no job due to my medical report, which maybe shows sthg on my chest, amybe cystic of bronchitidies, at the same time I was hoping to be in the relationship with someone who I believed wants to help me and support me, I helped that person and let him money, unfortunately due to my bad situation everything crashed down, he dumped me, didn't give me back my money, I founded out that he was maybe cheating on me, so I had to visited sexual health clinic to be sure that I am ok and not pregnant as well.
Finally I started to be keep in touch with one guy, who I believed that he is nice person and really understand my current situation, but instead of he behaviour is very nasty towards me for no reason.
I am currently struggling with my life situation. I am not happy with myself, I am 30 and no proper job, I am currently working as a aupair/nanny, but I really would like to find job in airline industry as a cabin crew, I am working really hard for it, but at the same time I am upset with myself, that I am still not successfull and I am worrying if is not too late for me and if I shouldn't focus on sthg else, I really would like to achieve sthg in my life, but I am still struggling and I am not successfull with job, relationships and basically everything right now
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
It sounds like you need to be evaluated for depression.
Many life circumstances have affected you here.
I'm very sorry for that.
I do believe that you could be helped by medication and counseling as given by your GP
I recommend a serotonin drug like zoloft or paxil.
These will help your mood and thus help you function until you achieve some positive changes.
You might only need it for 6 months to 1 year but it will help you at this point no question
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response.

Well, yeah many things are happening in my life.

I am not sure about visit my GP, becuase she knows that I am applying for cabin crew position, so to talk to her and ask for help, it could show that I am not suitable to be cabin crew.

I am worry quite a lot right now about everything

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I really would like to talk to someone who is avialable to talk to me now, please
Many Thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I see you have relisted the question for help from another expert

and that you would like to talk now.

talking to your GP and asking for help does not make you not suitable for work in the airlines industry.

it means you are seeking help that you might need.

it sounds like you are quite worried about many issues.

you could have excessive anxiety disorder possibly which would need treatment as well

some of those medications like paxil or zoloft can also treat depression as well as excessive worry symptoms

you might be more suitable for working once you get your worry symptoms better treated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response Dr.David.

So what can I do? Do I have to book an appointment with my GP and explain my situation? What do I have to tell her that she can understand me?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
yes, you have to blook an appointment with your GP

explain your situation and worries.

ask your GP doctor to check you for things like depression and excessive anxiety symptoms

see if you would benefit from seeing a therapist regularly to talk about your problems and worries

say you are trying to look for work.

there are employment help centers in many cities in the UK.

you might have to go to an employment help center to get help to put you in touch with highering companies.

you might not be able to work in the cabin crew, but you might be able to do ticketing and registration at the airport? so there are always potential opportunities for employment.

here are some links which could help you get started.

https://www.gov.uk/browse/working/finding-job

https://www.ldsjobs.org/ers/ct/center/4005892?lang=eng

good luck to you

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you doctor

But my main concern is that I am applying for cabin crew positions, becuase I strongly believe that my visit with specialist about my chest, will be ok and also I have couple upcoming assessment days.

I have been working fro this for long time and I don't want to give up.

I am worry that doctor in GP will not understand me and if I need any medical reports for future, she will not recommend me, due to my current situation

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
don't be worried about that.

talk to your GP doctor

let them know how important this job is for you.

tell them you don't want to fail your physcial evaluation from your GP for this job.

ask them what you need to do to improve your health so you don't fail the physical assessment so your GP doctor will give you a good referal for your job application.
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Your health information should be protected
I'm not sure how it is in the UK but here you cannot be discriminated against for a medical condition
counseling will help too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you doctor

I will take your advice on board and book my appoinment with GP.

May I ask how is possible to be keep in touch with your advice and help,

Many Thanks,

Katarina

Just reply to this thread or ask for Dr Phil in the future
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it