Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi I need some advice Iv been felling very unwell lately. Getting

Customer Question

I need some advice
Iv been felling very unwell lately.
Getting very bad heart burn and constapation and dizzieness.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--what studies were done while you were in hospital?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they done a mri and eeg.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Keith. What about blood tests? And how long has all this been going on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its been going on six months. it started when i blacked out and was out for around 25-30 minutes from then i have blacked around 20 times ranging from a few seconds to 10 minutes. everyday im feeling dizzy and light headed. the feeling is getting worse. the heart burn is also getting worse

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Keith. Right now you need some blood work and you need to see a gastroenterologist for an upper endoscopy because it sounds like you have a peptic ulcer that's bleeding and causing you to be anemic which is causing the dizziness and the balance problems. And I think this is an urgent situation that needs to be addressed by a doctor right away.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would that cause the blackouts

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes if your anemia was severe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry for all these questions but i need something to tell my gp as she isnt very helpful. she had sent me to ent and cardioligist they both told me im in the wrong place my bold pressure was falling low 81/53 to highest 117/ 80. she told me that is normal. because when she checked it, it was ok. 113/80. i hate going back again.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem Keith but you need the anemia check and the GI referral. One other thing I would check are your cortisol levels since low cortisol would explain your low blood pressure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will go to gp in the morning

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Let me know how it goes Keith
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i will. could this be the result of over expousor to radiation, the reason i ask is because i work in a meat factory and my job is to xray the fat content of the beef. i always felt healthy until i started to work on that mechine. i work beside it 12 hours per day for 13 months.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Do you wear a radiation dose monitor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no iv asked them for one but they told me its harmless and i dont need one. but im gessing it couldnt be that harmless if it can xray beef

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I don't think any of this would have anything to do with the radiation then Keith
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thank you.

il go to gp tomorrow

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Take care