Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I get woken up with a badly bloated stomach withe a feeling

I get woken up with a badly bloated stomach withe a feeling of deep nausea which is accompanied with a rapid heart beat which is felt on my ear drums. This immediately cause a severe panic attacks which lasts for a long time until I resort to 2 mg or 5 mg Diazepam. Since my Bell`s Palsy...two years ago...my nervous system is up the wall and makes me feel very down and out!!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Can you tell me more about the stomach bloating and has your doctor evaluated all of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is this answer £24 for one time.? Because I do not wish to subscribe monthly. Because I cannot afford it as I am a pensioner of a very poor standard. If I am going to be asked to register for further months,,,please ignore your answer and delete further £24.

Otherwise, I suppose to have been suffering from IBS! And having had Bell`s Palsy...my immune system is up to wall!!

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes, Coskun, this is a one time thing. What tests and procedures has your doctor done to evaluate this and has he given you any medication for it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been put on various medication. None of which has helped really.

I also use over the counter herbal remedies too.

Mebeverine 135mg

Omeprazole 20mg

Pepperment tablets

Senokot tablets.VSL3 Probiotic ( by a consultant at hospital)

laxitives

I also have high blood pressure and I take losartan 50 mg...

My bloating and the pain does not go away.

I have had lots of blood tests also...but everything came out fine. I feel awfully tired all the time and get muscles aches constantly after an exercise at the gym once a week.If I had money I would seek private treatment.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Have you had your thyroid function checked? Have you been screened for an H pylori infection in your stomach? And have you had upper endoscopy and a colonoscopy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I have had all those in the past. But I have always been a bit suspicious of my thyroid function...but according to my GP it is OK...but I keep reading up on thyroid lab tests...i hear that most of the time some labs do not really look into everything except for the usual parts. The discrepancy between the T4s and T3s is the main object but since I cannot understand it fully....I don`t know...for certain. We just rely on Addenbrooke`s Hospitals labs.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Coskun and we can continue after this if you'd like. If the medications you've had don't help at all then we're not dealing with IBS. The important thing about the thyroid tests is the TSH level and in your case, unless that number were under 2.0 I'd consider you hypothyroid and treat you with a thyroid hormone supplement. I would also check you for gallbladder dysfunction with a HIDA scan since even without stones if the gall bladder has an emptying problem it could cause your symptoms