Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I'd been having pelvic and upper leg pain and my period was

Customer Question

I'd been having pelvic and upper leg pain and my period was 10 days late so I went to docs. He sent me for a smear (which came back normal) and a pelvic and internal ultrasound which also came back normal. My period started on the day I went off the ultrasound (7days ago) on this date I also started the Femodene Pill as doc thought it may regulate my periods a little and stop with heavy bleeding. I only took pill for 4 days as it was making me feel Iil / irritable and very sore breasts. That was 3 days ago and I am still bleeding very heavily. So in total I have been bleeding very heavily for 7 days. Should I consult my docs or is this normal?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
This is not normal
you should not be bleeding heavily for 7 days
something is incorrect here.
I would be back at that office as soon as you can
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What else do you suggest I should be asking them to check as I feel they may have covered all areas? I wasn't sure if the fact I started the pill and only took it for 4 days would have some effect? Please advise
That is possible
this could require some further workup like a CAT scan
things like endometriosis might be going on that need to be checked for.
an ultrasound may not show everything
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.