Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

Jones fracture in fifth metatarsal

I have a jones fracture in the fifth metatarsal. In addition to the pain, swelling and bruising I am experiencing as a result of this, the top of my foot is also sensitive to touch, which seems to be separate from the pain I'm experiencing in the outer side of my foot. Is the sensitivity and pain in the top of my foot likely related to the fracture or a sign of a different problem which may have occurred at the time of the fracture?

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
When did you have the fracture? Is your foot in cast?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I fractured my foot 2 weeks ago and after about a week began walking short distances using an aircast.

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Brittney,
Mild sensitivity is seen with few due to various factors like - pressure over the foot/ compression of the foot/ inability of the ankle joint to move.
I would not worry about it unless there are associated symptoms like sudden increase in pain severity or sensitivity {this may indicate compression of the nerve or improper approximation of the fractured fragments}.
As of now - Ibuprofen/ vitamin tablet {B complex to be specific} should help.
Best