DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hello, 13months ago I was working on an engine that back fired

Customer Question

13months ago I was working on an engine that back fired emediatly my hearing was badly effected and has never recovered.
I went to the nurse at the time who looked in to my ears and could see nothing wrong,
My hearing seems to be over sensetive thing such as air conditioning, jet aercraft or any type of fan sounds like a very loud banging or low frequency vibration.
Please can anything be done about it. (P.S. I am 71)
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.
this is classic for hearing damage.
You need to see an ENG doctor.
It is likely at this point that a specialized hearing aid is needed to correct the problem...that should work fairly well.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sir I was rather hoping that correction surgery would be possible or even drugs
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Sorry that Was ENT specialist, ear nose and throat.
There is no corrective surgery.
There are now almost invisible inplants/aids however, which is minor surgery.
There are no drugs to correct this, it is underlying hearing damage, if it is.
First you need the ENT assessment.
OK, so that is an initial answer….