DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

What do red patches mean that stretch half way up ones leg?

What do red patches mean that stretch half way up ones leg? The foot is also swollen.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.
This can be cellulitis
That is a skin infection.
With a swollen foot, this could be blood clot, or infection.
This is a serious sign.
It needs to be examined immediately, today.
Go to the ER directly.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is ER?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Emergency room.
Urgent care would be OK to, but you might need an ultrasound and the emergency room is more likely to be able to do this.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.