DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi I am 77 years of age and have a lovely partner of three

Hi I am 77 years of age and have a lovely partner of three years who says she loves me which I don't doubt.
When she goes away as she has done recently to Dubai to see her daughter I get very insecure and have all sorts of worries that she is not coming back and that they the family are trying to get her away from me which. Is not the case but it builds up every day.
She is extremely beautiful and sexy and has awoken sexual desire in me at my age which I have not experienced in my life to the extent I want her at all times she us not frigid but of course dues not want sexual attention all of the time and when she doesn't I then get a doubt abou my performance or that she dies not want me. I was an only child I was married for 40 years in a loveless marriage. U.S. it the case that only child is a lonely child which makes me insecure?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
As to your question.
Some of this might be because you were an only child, but that is not a typical cause and effect. Plenty of only children don't have this insecurity.
To get to the cause requires assessment, with a professional
You have not done this I take it.
Such tendencies can be from childhood trauma, a bad relationship between the parents, or for other reasons.
Assessment would identify this.
PhD, clinical psychologist would be most helpful.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I have given you a medically correct answer here.
I also invited you back to continue the conversation, and ask any more question you have, but you did not do that.
Instead, you rated me badly with JA, which gives me a black mark with them and sees to it that I am not paid for my time....despite my prompt response and invitation to you...
Was that deliberate? Or in error?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You just gave me four lines of so called advice the rest was to seek professional help so you are not a professional ? Does such a high sex drive natural at 77 ?
What's the best way to deal with this insecurity?
Will I drive my partner away even if she says she is in live with me away with thus behaviour pattern
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I wrote far more than four lines, and invited you back.
I will expand on your questions, but please reverse your negative rating with a positive, and still come back if you have more questions.
I high sex drive can be perfectly natural at age 77. It can be a sign of a problem in only rare cases...your doctor, and the PhD that I recommended would be needed to sort that out, but usually it is a good sign, not a bad sign.
The best way to deal with the insecurity is with therapy. I already recommended this above, but sometimes a post will get cut off...I don't have any control over such site problems.
A PHD clinical psychologist, well trained, particularly in cognitive behavioral therapy.
Yes, if the pattern continues to stress you and your partner, that can cause future problems. However, if you get therapy, and if she attends some sessions with you, this is far less likely.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.