Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi I am a 37 year old male and my penis is red at the top and

Hi I am a 37 year old male and my penis is red at the top and sometimes stings especially going to the toilet. I I sometimes go to the toilet a lot also. I have had STD tests done and all clear and I have had routine checks done but nothing has come up other than urtheritis but again it is not an STD. Can someone help me?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
This is likely balanitis
Infection or inflammation of the penis
this can be caused by fungus, bacteria or skin conditions like psoriasis
I will generally treat this with topical antibiotic and anti fungal creams like clotrimazole and triple antibiotic. Both can be had from the chemist
I would confirm this diagnosis with your GP before starting therapy
But that is likely what it is
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--before we tell you what it might be it would be very helpful if you could post a photo on this page
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Sorry but I cannot send photo for some reason, it is not red all the time but does sting a bit and there are days when I dont feel it stingy.I sometimes think that drinking plenty of water takes sting away.what do you think?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem. Is the redness perfectly smooth? Is it tender or itchy there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yeah it is smooth but not itchy or tender

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then it isn't likely balanitis as in a yeast infection or psoriasis. More than likely it's simple eczema or maybe a contact dermatitis--an allergy. If a doctor hasn't looked at it one should, but it can easily be treated with a cortisone containing cream.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Would this cause running to the toilet all the time and stinging?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No it wouldn't. But let me ask--you had cultures for gonorrhea, chlamydia and trichomonas? And was your urethritis treated with any antibiotics? And if you're urinating a lot were you checked for diabetes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yeah I was tested for gonorrhoea, chlamydia, trichomonas and diabetes and all was clear but was givin nothing for the urtheritis but was told that it could be stress would this make sense? Do you know of some cream or antibiotics I could try for this? Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then it has to be stress since you've been cleared of the STD's. I'd tell you to try an over the counter cortisone cream three times a day for a week if I were your doctor. Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.