Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi an update for u: Hi Dr, the cardiologist rang me and

Customer Question

Hi an update for u:
Hi Dr, the cardiologist rang me and told me the following:
I have very slight thickening consistent with an athlete's heart (1.4cm).. It's not HCM.
He said its concentric symmetrical thickening.
My ventricles are performing perfectly well
He doesn't have any concerns, I'm not at any risks, he has asked to go abit moderate with my weight training
Optional Information:
Person's Gender: Male
Person's Age: 39
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Glad to here that you heard from him and I hope this finally puts your fears to rest about sudden cardiac death. So get on with life and stop the worries
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks doc
Take care
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
You too Shazad and call on me any time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi quick question.. With the slight thickness should I get any pain in the chest? I'm feelin a slight pain in my chest on the left and right but feels muscular because when I push on it then it feels sore too
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
No, that wouldn't be from your septum Shazad and if it's sore to the touch that isn't your heart
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So you reckon I should be confident with what the cardiologist has told me? The slight thickness doesn't put me at risk of heart attack or sudden death? Ive had a cough for a couple of weeks maybe it's because of that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Yes--both your cardiologist and I have told you there's absolutely no risk here for a heart attack or for sudden death. A chronic cough can cause muscular pain in the chest.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll start a new question
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
OK I'm here. Just use the link above my photo