Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

Yesterday I was resting after decorating and had a sudden and

Yesterday I was resting after decorating and had a sudden and very painful feeling of indigestion. My stomach was empty as I had not eaten anything solid for about 6 hours. My face flushed and temperature went up. This lasted maybe an hour then faded away. Today the area that hurt is tender and feels bruised
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Was this at upper abdomen {right or left}? Were there associated symptoms like nausea or vomiting/ pain in chest? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

upper abdomen centrally located no vomiting but felt nauseous. No history of medical condition

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Christine,
Thank you for additional information.
The symptoms most likely indicate irritation of the stomach due to excess acid secretion. The symptoms were more severe as you did not had food for hours.
The cause of increased acid secretion can be - Helicobacter pylorie infection/ stress, anxiety/ having spicy food or excess coffee or tea.
I am happy that the severity has reduced.
Next step - A physical evaluation along with few investigations like upper GI scopy and ultrasound for abdomen would give us more answers.
Till than - A glass of cold milk should sooth the stomach mucosa. Have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ avoid alcohol, smoking, excess coffee/ stay away from stress or anxiety.
Please do not worry there is nothing to worry of.
Best