Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had a frontal headache for over a month and an intermittent

I have had a frontal headache for over a month and an intermittent cough. the headache is experienced only when I cough, bend down or rise up from sitting. I also have a much stronger body odour. all this follows a virus I contacted in mid August.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Hasan :

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you.

Dr. Hasan :

Do you have symptoms like nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, fluid trickling in throat etc?

Dr. Hasan :

Are you with me?

Customer:

I do not have nasal obstruction or discharges.

Dr. Hasan :

Is there any relation of time to this headache like is it more in the morning or later on?

Customer:

it is worse as the day progresses

Dr. Hasan :

Any pain on pressing frontal area?

Customer:

no

Dr. Hasan :

Have you tried anything so far?

Customer:

No. I was hoping it would go but it is if anything deteriorating. today I also have a pulsating in th ears, as if hearing my heart beat. the cough also has been present for a long time and is strange in that it is intermittent. it goes and returns.

Dr. Hasan :

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want.

Customer:

ok

Dr. Hasan :

As per symptoms the your headache is likely to be due to infection of frontal sinus.

Dr. Hasan :

It is a sinus present just above eyebrows.

Dr. Hasan :

your symptoms like cough, relation of pain to bending etc is all what we see in frontal sinus infection.

Dr. Hasan :

These infections can go on for long if not treated.

Dr. Hasan :

It is not necessary to have other symptoms and frontal headache is many a times the only symptom.

Dr. Hasan :

Don't worry I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations following measures can help you.

Dr. Hasan :

1. over the counter available tab aleve twice daily for 5 days.

Customer:

are you still there?

Dr. Hasan :

2. over the counter tab claritin once daily

Dr. Hasan :

Yes are you getting my messages?

Dr. Hasan :

Are you with me?

Dr. Hasan :

I am getting your messages.

Customer:

yes I am getting your messages thank you and it makes a lot of sense.

Dr. Hasan :

Take steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily. If steam helps you then it is sinus infection for sure.

Dr. Hasan :

Lastly see your doctor and get an xray or CT scan and you may need antibiotics.

Customer:

did you say the cough is part of that symptom picture as well?

Dr. Hasan :

Don't worry nothing is serious and you are going to be alright.

Dr. Hasan :

Yes sinuses are connected to nose and nose is connected to throat.

Dr. Hasan :

When secretions from sinuses goes from sinuses to throat, they irritate the throat and can cause cough.

Customer:

thank you!

Dr. Hasan :

You are most welcome.

Dr. Hasan :

Any question please?

Customer:

think that is all I need to know. good night and thank you again!

Dr. Hasan :

You are always welcome. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery