Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I was woken up by my wife having what appeared to be a fit,

I was woken up by my wife having what appeared to be a fit, she was trembling/shaking quite violently breathing very heavily through gritted teeth, she had signs of blood at the sides of her mouth where she had bitten the walls of her cheeks, when she eventually opened her eyes she looked totally confused and looked at me like I was a stranger? as I asked her some simple questions she could not speak, when she calmed down she had no recollection of what had happened. This morning she seems fine but still has no idea of what happened.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 3 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that she should be seen by her doctor ASAP for complete evaluation.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

With what you have described it does sound like a fit.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The most important thing to do whenever one has a fit is to try and find out why she had it and treat the cause if possible.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

For that she would require a complete blood work up and imaging studies like a CT scan of the brain and possibly other studies like EEG (electroencephalogram).

Dr. Shahzad MD :

She does require a referral to a neurologist as far as I am concerned.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please read my posts above and let me know if you have more questions.